Amcor Rigid Packaging
Materials Coordinator – Cycle Counter and Coordinator Functions
Continuously improve the facility’s inventory control. Continued scrutinizing of inventory numbers and correction of any variances.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Must be Forklift certified by one of our onsite Forklift trainers (Team Lead or Supervisor).
- Re-Certification must be refreshed every three years at minimum.
- Plan cycle count selection and frequency based on SAP requirements.
- Count inventory based upon system schedules and specific item discrepancies.
- Reconcile production and inventory when discrepancies are presented. (Utilize SAP/Mii/Prodirect)
- Enter results of daily cycle counting into SAP.
- Manage SAP system with regard to material standards and bills of materials.
- Communicate to Materials and Shipping Departments all results of counting and system maintenance.
- Maintain synchronization of tickets to finished goods within SAP system.
- Maintain control of customers pallet balance within SAP system.
- Review SAP system for MF47 shortages and reconcile as required.
- Review I-Doc’s in SAP system and reconcile as required.
- Proactively communicate with Receiving, Shipping Supervisor and Supply Chain Manager regarding scheduling of counts, coordination with others for clearing of inventories as appropriate. Escalating necessary information to Manager and Controller as needed.
- Utilize Leader Standard work to complete Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly, Annual checks. Must be verified for completion on a regular basis by either Controller or Supply Chain Manager.
- Assist Material Handlers as necessary to load/unload trucks or move material.
- Operate a forklift in a safe, efficient and effective manner in order to perform all assigned tasks.
- Utilize Levels training program to increase technical skill, knowledge and cross training with other Material Coordinator functions (Cycle Counting, Resin Receiving, Customer Service, & Coordinating shipping logistics).
- Follow all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) as documented in the policy.
- Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook, and as stated in the various safety-related training programs. Understand and communicate all hazards and safety issues to the appropriate personnel. Properly use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- May perform other related assignments at the direction of supervision.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports directly to the Plant Supply Chain Manager or Shipping Supervisor.
Education/Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Education & Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. Prior experience in
warehousing and/or inventory management preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Good written and verbal communications skills are required. The
ability to read, analyze, and interpret general task assignments. Must possess the ability to
effectively present information and respond in a group environment. Incumbent must be
capable of working well in both team and independent working environments.
Technical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
Other: Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations. Must possess high degree of attention to detail. Must have or be able to obtain valid forklift license. Must be able to learn and navigate relevant computer applications including SAP, Crystal Reports, WinTerm and Excel.
Physical: Must be capable of standing and walking in production and warehouse areas for up to 5-6 hours in an 8-hour shift. Must occasionally squat, bend, kneel, reach, etc., in order to carry out essential functions of the position.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.