Rush Truck Centers opens the door to the world of opportunity. We are the largest network of commercial vehicle dealerships across the US representing truck and bus manufacturers. Our franchises include Peterbilt, International, Hino, Isuzu, Ford, IC Bus and Blue Bird.
We offer a rewarding career as a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Whether you desire to be the best Diesel Mechanic or Groundbreaking Leader, we have the infrastructure to help you reach your goals.
A Service Technician is responsible for providing service to our customers while maintaining exceptional customer service. This can include: cleaning, maintenance, visual inspection, and removal of parts and attachments. Installation with the help of proper manuals, report writing, disassembly, assembly, parts reuse evaluation, and reconditioning.
- Provide technical service to vehicles and equipment.
- Perform general and detailed repair of all trucks, engines and components.
- Overhaul gas or diesel engines.
- Install injectors, pistons, liners, cam shafts, cylinder heads, rod and main bearings, oil pans, clutches, fan hubs, differentials, fifth wheels, brakes, change or recharge batteries, and replace transmissions and other parts.
- Read job order, observe and listen to vehicle in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and make adjustments as needed.
- Lubricate moving parts and drive repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications.
- Tag all warranty parts and returns to warranty clerk.
- Attend training classes and keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers to increase overall customer satisfaction.
- We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement – all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 9 years’ experience as a Class 7 & 8 technician in a dealership or related truck service facility
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
This job posting does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their leader.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 – $39.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
- Heavy equipment
- Heavy trucks