EEO – Protected Veterans/Disability * DLA Piper is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact our Recruiting Team.
DLA Piper LLP (US) is a leading global business law firm. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best people across our practice and business service groups. We are looking for collaborative, results oriented people who enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have exceptional problem solving skills.
If you are a highly talented Marketing Manager interested in working closely with firm’s lawyers and other marketing team members to support select practice and sector marketing activities, we want to hear from you!
This position is located in our New York office.
Relocation is available in accordance with the firm’s policy.
The Marketing department works with practice group and sector leaders, partners, marketing leadership, and other senior-level firm stakeholders (US and Global) to develop, implement, and execute against marketing strategy to support the growth and retention of existing client relationships, and to drive awareness and favorability of our practice and sector expertise in the market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications
- 6 years’ marketing/business development experience in a professional services environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Previous law firm experience
- Proficient with MS Word/Excel/Power Point
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate in a fast paced environment
- High energy and creative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Budgeting and business planning experience
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for facilitating the strategic marketing and promotion of the firm through expertise-driven marketing activities designed to nurture and grow firm clients. You will be responsible for collaborating with team members and other firm colleagues to develop and execute against top-down practice and/or sector strategy in an effort to grow and retain existing client relationships, and facilitate new business development. You will also execute against Marketing Team initiatives, including our firm’s award-winning Predictive Analytics methodology
- Working with our Pitch team on pitches and/or responses to requests for proposal or information (RFP/RPI)
- Support account management efforts around firm clients
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from various sources (including financial, market and profitability insights) to recommend targeted marketing initiatives at the client, practice, or sector level
- Translate data from marketing activities into case studies for reporting and educational purposes
- Serve a client-facing role in obtaining client feedback
We offer exceptional career opportunities in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and, we believe, truly different from our competitors. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and a dynamic and diverse environment in which they can build a long and fruitful career and reap the rewards of their success.
To learn more about DLA Piper, please visit our website
We are (DLA Piper) an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Agency applications will not be considered.