Marketing Generalist (MG) is a key role that requires knowledge of, skills to create, and proven ability to execute on targeted marketing plans. The MG must be effective in executing on sales/marketing goals through content creation and management. There may be up to 15% travel required.
The Marketing Generalist:
- Brainstorms and develops ideas for creative marketing campaigns to further the goals set forth by management.
- Assists in outbound or inbound marketing activities in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, etc.)
- Plans and executes initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (digital ads, social media, e-mail, etc.)
- Monitors and analyzes marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic, etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies.
- Maintains company’s online presence, including website, social media and blogs; manages inquiries generated on these platforms.
- Manages and maintains company’s brand standards across all communication mediums.
- Creates and/or edits corporate communications, such as presentations, newsletters, press releases, media kits and other marketing literature.
- Coordinates and may participate in promotional activities such as trade shows, conferences and other industry events.
- Conducts directly or manages third party market research to find answers about customer requirements, habits, and trends.
- Communicates with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns.
- Collaborates with other professionals to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts.
- Creates, assists, and at times presents team training on current and future marketing and branding campaigns
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field; or equivalent combination of educational or industry related experience
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience ; 5+ preferred
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements and platforms (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social Media) and marketing research methods
- Solid computer skills including; MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite) and applications (web analytics, Google AdWords, etc)
- Ability to manage time highly effectively
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and support other departments
- Solid company-centric ideology
- Orientation to detail and capability of articulating cause and effect with data to support
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities
- Knowledge of HTML, CCS, PHP, WordPress, and web development tools (Preferred not essential)
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance