As a Marketing Coordinator for Paizo, you’ll be involved in all of Paizo’s marketing efforts, from concepting new campaigns to implementing those plans at conventions, across social media, through email, and to the Paizo community, and more. You’ll also track the creation of these programs as they work their way through the company’s various teams, utilizing project management software to ensure a smooth launch.
You’ll also work with Paizo’s array of licensees and influencers, ensuring that everyone has what they need in a timely manner. You’ll ensure that the Paizo audience knows the latest releases from our partners, radiating those new products out across email, social media, and more.
In short, you’ll be a vital member of the marketing and licensing teams and get the opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting projects—and tell the world about them!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the marketing and licensing teams to drive sales, social media channel growth, and awareness of Paizo products
- Work closely with licensees to ensure that they receive assets and information in a timely manner
- Work across teams to drive social media engagement. Whether that’s planning interviews with the design teams, working with licensing partners to share their latest news, managing convention streaming, or other partnerships, you’re driven to get content released on time
- Create data-driven reports that provide actionable insights and recommendations. You’ll typically be gathering data from various platforms to combine together into a visual representation that makes it easier to see trends
- Coordinate streaming partners in their productions for Paizo social media channels.
- Attend conventions (both virtually and in-person) on behalf of Paizo to drive social media engagement for fans that cannot attend
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A solid understanding of basic marketing principles, and a desire to learn more.
- Must be able to work in a team-centered environment, yet be able to finish tasks independently
- Must have good organizational skills, ability to manage time effectively
- Must have ability to maintain confidential information
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and comfortable learning other software packages, including Teamwork, Facebook for Business, Buffer, Brand24, and similar platforms.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English at a high level of competence
- Physical ability to operate telephone, computer hardware/software, ability to type, and to sit for extended periods of time
- Background in tabletop gaming is a plus.
- College or technical degree or the equivalent experience in an industry related to this job.
- Contacts are made both inside and outside the organization. Internal contacts include the operations team (including the customer service staff), the publishing team, and Paizo management. External contacts include social media channels (streamers, YouTube personalities) and business contacts.
- Office located in Seattle, Washington area; relocation expenses are the responsibility of the applicant. While the Paizo team is working remotely now during the pandemic, this position cannot be outside the state of Washington due to taxation issues with remote employees.
- Normal office and warehouse working conditions
- Job might require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week
- Job requires rapid adaptation to a large workload and the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Occasional domestic travel is required. This is generally limited to major hobby conventions.
- Salary to be determined based upon applicant experience
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision plan for employee and immediate family
- Generous vacation, sick leave, and personal days provided
- Access to the company 401k plan
- Bonus eligible
- Employee discount on paizo.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $43,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
We are working from home until there is a widely available vaccine.
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place