Radix is looking for a full time marketing consultant to develop, launch & scale startup focused initiatives for .TECH domains. The initial engagement is for a duration of 6 months with the potential for multiple extensions based on the effectiveness & success achieved by the consultant.
Radix is the world's largest new domains registry with 10 new extensions that include .ONLINE, .STORE, .TECH, .WEBSITE, .SPACE, .PRESS, .SITE, .HOST, .FUN and .UNO
Radix’s story and purpose
Radix was launched in 2012 as a subsidiary of Directi, a $1.4 bn company founded by Bhavin Turakhia and Divyank Turakhia.
Back in 2012, it had already become difficult to find short and memorable domain names amongst the available extensions. When ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) invited the initial applications for new domain extensions, it was a historic moment for the Internet on the whole. It opened a big opportunity to make internet-addresses shorter, meaningful and distinguishable. Radix committed over $30 million on the application of 31 strings comprising several generic and mass-market names. Of those, Radix acquired 7 and since then has attained three more extensions; .TECH (2014), .FUN (2017) and .UNO (2019). Radix is the world’s largest new domain registry with 5M domains under management.
These new domain extensions give an opportunity to users to register domain names that are descriptive, keyword-rich, brandable and meaningful. Radix is thus making the Internet more organized and business-friendly.
Domain names in these extensions can be registered through a network of 200+ Global partners that include Godaddy, Namecheap,Google, Shopify & Wix.
Total strength: 65+
Total investment: US$ 45 Million
Operationally profitable: Yes
Annual growth rate: 35%+
Launched in 2015, .TECH is a new age domain extension designed specifically for the technology industry. Since its launch, .TECH has resonated remarkably with the tech community clocking in over 350K domain registrations till date.
Some key brands and technologists using .TECH are
– CES.TECH – Consumer Electronics Show (CES®) is the world’s largest consumer electronics show
– Nothing.TECH – Nothing is Carl Pei’s (Co-founder One Plus) latest hardware startup
– Aurora.TECH – Aurora Innovation, Inc. is a self-driving tech startup valued at $8 Billion+
– Insight.TECH – Insight.tech is Intel’s official IOT blog
– Hacksmith.TECH – Hacksmith is one of the largest tech content creators (9M+ Subscribers)
Our goal is to become the most popular domain extension for technology startups. We’re focused on initiatives that enable founders & technologists to build great brands on .TECH domains.
We are looking for a creative & innovative marketing consultant with deep insights from the startup ecosystem to help conceive, launch and scale our startup focussed programs from the ground up.
This involves :
- Marketing & program management – Ideate, prototype, validate & scale initiatives that grow the awareness & desirability for .TECH in the startup ecosystem comprising founders, developers/programmers, investors etc.
- Startup focus – Keep startup founders at the heart of our initiatives by identifying & advocating for key opportunities that will add exponential value to them & increase their chances of success
- Relationship management – Be the torch bearer for .TECH within the startup community. Develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders in the ecosystem including founders, communities, events, accelerators, incubators & investors
Desired Skills :
- Marketing – You’re a creative, out of the box thinker that can leverage innovative & high impact marketing initiatives to hit your goals
- Program strategy – You can develop, plan, launch & scale startup programs, and are experienced building successful initiatives from the ground up
- Growth oriented marketing- You can effectively leverage creativity, data & an A/B testing mentality to deliver exponential return & impact on marketing investments
- Data-Driven decision making- Data is at the center of your decision making process, You are a highly analytical individual who is adept at drawing inferences & insights to maximize the impact of the initiatives you work on.
- Partnerships- You are well connected with key ecosystem stakeholders & have experience building long term mutually beneficial relationships that transcend short term initiatives
- Growth mindset– You are constantly learning, persistent in the challenges you face, always looking for a better path to deliver value & impact
- 3+ years working on high impact marketing or partnership projects within the startup ecosystem (community, events, accelerators/incubators, corporate programs)
- Proven track record running programs/marketing campaigns focused on technology startups
- Well connected within the north american tier 1 startup community (startup events, communities, accelerators, incubators)
Why You’ll Love It Here!
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Remote working opportunity (preferred candidate location – Austin, New York or San Francisco)
- The Opportunity to build a purposeful & mission driven initiative from the ground up with a community that is tasked with driving change & building out the future
- This role puts you front and center in a movement to disrupt a monolithic industry and redefine the naming system on the internet
Additional Information :
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Radix, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and helps us all grow as Radicals and individuals.