Milwaukee Valve Company is looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our New Berlin, WI team. Under the direction of the VP Sales and Marketing, the Marketing Assistant is responsible for miscellaneous marketing projects that promote the Company’s value proposition to a discerning multi-faceted customer base.
Established in 1901, Milwaukee Valve manufactures valves for a variety of industries including Industrial, Commercial, Fire Protection, Marine and the dry bulk hauling industries. Our products have been installed on every U.S. Navy ship built for the last 50 years.
Our heritage, our people, and our passion is to be the best, and Milwaukee Valve is proud of its engineering excellence and its employees who take pride and dedication in their work. In return, Milwaukee Valve offers an excellent benefit package, competitive wages, and promotional opportunities including Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance options, Flex Spending, 401K with employer match, tuition assistance, paid time off, and shift premiums. For more information please go to:
Summary – Under the direction of the VP Sales and Marketing, the Marketing Assistant is responsible for miscellaneous marketing projects, stocking product literature, assembling and mailing literature and catalogs, distributing mail in the mail slots, printing and mailing invoices and backup on the switchboard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate attendance and materials sent to conventions
- Update Marketing Literature
- Manage social media content and usage.
- Create localized advertising/technical datasheets.
- Maintain product photos.
- Maintain Website changes for both MV and HV sites.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in Graphic Design Software (Illustrator, Photo Shop, or others).
- Self-starter, managing several long and short term projects simultaneously.
- Protect Company Logo, image, value proposition in all communications.
- Manage our weekly “one to many” email blast and Did You Know signature campaigns.
- Organize annual Calendar Contest.
Supervisory Responsibilities – This job has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
Additional Requirements – To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following requirements and competencies.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional internal and external customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Competencies – To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to manage multiple tasks.
- Education and/or Experience – AAS Required, BS preferred in marketing/communications. Previous work in a Business To Business environment preferred.
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Excel Spreadsheet software and Word, Photoshop, Email and Internet
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
Milwaukee Valve is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal or local laws.