Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Irving, Texas currently has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Process Engineer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Performs analyses to develop design specifications and performance requirements. Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties and process (advantages/limitations) engineering planning. Selects techniques to solve problems and make sound design recommendations.
- Establish processes based on product specifications.
- Evaluate process and design alternatives based on Design for Manufacturability principles.
- Understand principles of Cost of Goods Sold.
- Manage program compliance with Quality Control requirements (i.e. Design Control, Process validation etc.).
- Understand IP issues relative to processes being developed.
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in manufacturing and design technologies.
- Understand work environment issues (i.e. OSHA regulations, etc.).
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 3 years Engineering experience.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel including internationally.
- Experience designing and testing medical devices preferred. Experience developing manufacturing processes and technologies and designing for manufacturability preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews.