ITW is a globally respected, highly diversified developer and manufacturer of advanced industrial technology. ITW Powertrain Components is part of the ITW Automotive OEM segment, which designs and manufactures innovative fasteners, interior and exterior components, powertrain assemblies, and braking systems for OEMs and their top-tier suppliers. ITW’s automotive businesses have a high level of customer intimacy, enabling customer-back innovation to address complex needs such as vehicle efficiency, safety, and quality. Deep market knowledge and strong manufacturing process capabilities allow ITW’s automotive businesses to be nimble, niche problem solvers for their sophisticated customers.
Looking to develop your career in the fast paced world of automotive manufacturing? Who better to grow your career with than a Global, Fortune 200 Manufacturer like ITW?
We offer top quality compensation and benefits packages, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k employer matching.
Join ITW today and come grow with us!
Our Manufacturing Engineer plays an integral role in the design and build of secondary equipment and processes to ensure that ITW Powertrain receives the most efficient processes possible. Additionally, participates in the support of the secondary processes on the production floor.
- Addresses manufacturing issues that are causing production bottle necks, high scrap, or reduced efficiencies.
- Review secondary equipment designs to ensure the equipment is built to the Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines, and that it is built in a maintainable and easy to use fashion.
- Be instrumental in the planning and execution of systems needed to smoothly bring new projects into production.
- Be continually thinking of better ways to manufacture plastic parts, and be willing to push for change.
- Be instrumental in the selection of new secondary tool sources.
- Be active in developing the working relationship between ITW Powertrain and our secondary tool sources.
- Responsible for adherence to the company quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Maintain compliance with ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, and OH&S standards.
- Help guide less experienced automation/maintenance technicians.
Essential Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience within the following areas is valuable:
- Design, build and maintaining Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems and circuits, PLC Programming experience with Allen Bradley Controls systems and HMI’s, also familiarity with Vision Systems and Robotic programming and integration.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Problem solving analysis processes and ability to lead problem solving teams.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills are required to interface effectively with our customers, suppliers, and all levels of the organization.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office Products and AutoCAD or 3D software preferred.
ITW Powertrain is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.