The Manufacturing Controller functions as a business partner with operations management and accounting to guide financial analysis and decision making as it relates to production. Required components include financial analysis. The Controller will also have oversight of company human resource functions.
- Provide oversight of a weekly review of production order variances to identify unusual variances and report root cause.
- Make recommendations that support financial and operational objectives.
- Frequent plant contact; active participation in plant activities.
- Provide oversight of product standard costs and perform reviews of margin reports.
- Provide oversight of weekly review of variances and annual updates to standards.
- Monitor monthly variable and fixed absorption.
- Provide financial and operational reporting and analysis to executive management.
- Develop performance metrics and key performance indicators.
- Identifies trends and opportunities to improve gross margin.
- Provide recommendations and continuous improvement ideas to reduce costs of manufacturing.
- Ensure compliance will all local, state, and federal employment law standards
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database as they relate to production.
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management.
Human Resources (HR):
- Overall administrative leadership human resource (HR) functions.
- Provide oversight and direction on talent acquisition, employment law compliance, benefits and compensation, training and development, performance management, and employee relations.
- Develops, recommends, and implements current personnel policies and procedures while maintaining compliance with all applicable employment laws.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, finance or a related discipline
- Formal education or trainings on human resource management
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience with at least 5 years in a senior accounting role in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in job costing
- Experience with creating financial statements and supporting reports
- Excellent accounting software user
- Excellent administration and leadership skills
- Valid Oregon driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of auto insurance. Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Able to work a flexible schedule. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
This employer does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.