Exotech is a metals processing company in Pompano Beach, Florida and has been a family owned and operated business for over 30 years. It maintains an outstanding company culture by following important fundamentals.
Exotech is seeking an individual to join our team as Manufacturing Associate II. We offer competitive wages, great benefits including free medical insurance, paid time off, uniforms, bonus opportunities, Retirement Plan and more.
This individual will safely, accurately, and efficiently operate production machines, handle metals and equipment, and operate a forklift.
- Set up and operate production machines in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Control and adjust machine settings to complete simple tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion
- Follow all safety practices and procedures in the plant
- Safely, accurately, and efficiently handle metals and equipment
- Operate a forklift when moving materials in the plant
- Move metal parts in and out of trays, drums, and boxes
- Fold and or cut metal sheets and clips
- Calculate the appropriate weight of finished metal parts and package material for shipping
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Participate in on-the-job and cross functional training and transfer skills into daily work
- Follow company standards and procedures at all times
- Operate basic hand and power tools
- Communicate and collaborate with other departments within the plant
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent related experience required
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a manufacturing production environment
- 1-3 years of experience driving a forklift is required and forklift certification is preferred
- Must have experience using basic hand and power tools
- Must have a history of maintaining a positive attitude and supporting a respectful workplace
- Ability to work as part of a team and assist co-workers when needed
- Previous history maintaining a willingness to seek out additional roles and responsibilities is required
- Attention to detail is mandatory
- Forklift experience is mandatory and certification is preferred
- Must have excellent basic math skills including addition, subtraction, and multiplication
- Must possess problem solving, communication, and teamwork skills
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Ability to work independently
- Required to read and write English and follow verbal instructions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment, be detailed oriented, and focused
- Flexibility and self-motivation are required
With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to stand for the duration of an 8 hour shift with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists, and fingers. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Further details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed or discussed during the interview process.
Exotech is a Drug Free Company and all applicants are required to pass a drug screening test
Exotech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.