What will you be doing?
- You will integrate retail point-of-sale and consumer data with multiple sources to dedicatedly identify business opportunities in state, market or account performance
- You’ll use big data sources to identify, test and implement new analytical methodologies that drive business outcomes
- You will collaborate with diverse partner groups in a rapidly changing environment, to deliver solutions that are driven by data
- You’ll independently conceive and lead complex data projects based on understanding of business issues and strategies
- You will fuse technical knowledge with business strategy to translate complex methods into impactful solutions
- You’ll serve as a critical thinking partner with teammates and share technical expertise
What does your background, skills, and experience look like?
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Business, Analytics or Applied Mathematics
- You have 5+ years of relevant CPG experience or an advanced degree in a Data Science-related discipline
- You have proficient experience in statistics, modeling and algorithm development
- You possess a working knowledge of SQL and technical programs such as SAS / SPSS / R coding / Python as well as visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI
- You have a proven track record of developing creative methods to identify business opportunities
- You have excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate abstract technical concepts with non-technical audiences
- Limited domestic travel required
Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nat Sherman. And we have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation’s leading e-vapor company. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world’s largest brewer.
We recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.