HR Manager Indirect & Analytics
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is seeking a strategic and hands on HR Manager who will support all non-manufacturing support functions at the Gigafactory. This role will report to the VP of Human Resources & General Affairs. The HR Manager Indirect & Analytics is responsible in executing PENA’s people initiatives, optimizing the current HRIS (Workday), providing great internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Functions as a business partner to the assigned functional leadership team(s) by providing guidance/counsel on employee relations, performance management and salary administration; assessing, creating and/or facilitating management training; acting as a conduit for organizational feedback.
- Supports and executes indirect strategic recruitment and employment programs from recruitment through offboarding. Works with management to ensure timely understanding of current and future workforce needs and implements improvements to staffing processes including sourcing and selection.
- Manages employee relations for all functional areas assigned.
- Facilitates the Leadership Talent Review process, talent identification and development, and participates in the formulation of organizational strategy and succession plans for assigned functional areas.
- Ensuring PENA is fully leveraging Workday to meet strategic business and talent needs and pursue continuous improvement in business processes, integration, automation, and user experience.
- Oversees the analysis, metrics and communication of all human resources related activities in the assigned organizations.
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
- Coaching and mentoring at management level.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves”.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously – orientated on results.
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience and/or Certification)
- 7+ years of work experience with Human Resources or related processes (e.g., hiring, training, performance management).
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- 3+ years of experience partnering with a wide network of clients and across Human Resources to deliver effective business solutions.
- Human Resources Professional Certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR, SHRM) – Preferred.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field – Preferred.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and strong skills in PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills; ability to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses.
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate effectively cross-functionally and with all levels of management.
- Proven expertise in modeling techniques and managing large data sets.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are extremely critical.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and produce time sensitive deliverables.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.