- Develops, recommends, and implements pricing strategies that contribute to low cost, quality transportation services that meets or exceeds customer service requirements.
- Manages steel product shipments by truck, rail, and barge from any U. S. Steel producing facility or joint venture to meet customer requirements
- Manages transformational process changes necessary within Logistics, Sales and Operations Planning, and Commercial to enhance corporate initiatives
- Lead effort to enhance Supplier Performance Scorecards, and hold suppliers accountable to goals
- Manages and develops continuous improvement strategies in support of on-time delivery of freight
- Supervise the proper implementation and maintenance of freight pricing for all modes into the OTM system
- Manages the overall Logistics Contract Schedule of Rates & Charges, while finding ways to improve and automate data flow.
- Oversee and implement the overall contract & rate management project which includes:
- Contract rate identification
- Expiration of rates with no shipments
- Contract and system rate synchronization
- Carrier rating tool
- Amendment authorizing and filing
- Accessorial charge efficiency
- Contract rate referral automation
- Perform special projects and assignments as requested.
- Lead efforts to develop and implement cost savings projects.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Management Information Systems, Accounting, or Business.
- Minimum 5 year experience in relevant field, or equivalent U. S. Steel experience.
- Minimum 2-year supervising and leading team.
- Advanced with Microsoft Office: Excel (pivot tables, macros, formulas), PowerPoint, Forms, Access, Visio.
- Strong analytical skills w/ Oracle OBIEE, Tableau, and Minitab experience preferred.
- Training and experience with Six Sigma methodologies.
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations, plant processes, and transportation industry.
- Ability to co-ordinate subordinates work activities and delegate effectively utilizing subordinates’ capabilities.
- Ability to communicate with sense of urgency.
- Detailed and organized.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to handle and complete several assignments simultaneously.
Auto req ID
Work Location – City
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver Results
Equal Employment Opportunity