Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seeks a driven, innovative and analytical Manager, HRSS Projects. This job reports to the Senior Director, HR Shared Services in the Human Resources Department of PPFA. The Human Resources division is a critical partner focused on delivering a progressive people agenda that attracts, develops, and retains top talent and provides them with a great place to work.
- In this role we are looking for a self-starter who has a passion for transforming complex HR and cross-operations processes and the underlying systems. The ideal candidate will rapidly develop a point of view on the existing platforms, the underlying capabilities, both deployed and available via upgrades, connect with internal and external resources to gain deep understanding of current processes, related constraints and opportunities while developing and piloting solutions to accomplish the team’s goals. The ideal candidate will also engage in data analysis to support the HR organization in continuing to implement a smart, coherent Compensation philosophy, further refining available data assets and driving improvements in standardization.
- The Manager, HRSS Projects acts out of an internal sense of urgency, continuously engages in problem solving using all available information and resources. This team member takes ownership of their projects and understands how their efforts tie into the success of the department to deliver operational excellence. This personality is driven to get it right the first time, thinks logically but doesn’t allow convention to get in the way of a bold, new idea.
- The Manager, HRSS Projects will collaborate with stakeholders across the HR Centers of Excellence, and the Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) as well as the broader Operations groups and business stakeholders across PPFA to gain the understanding and insights necessary to develop and implement the project portfolio of HR Shared Services. The Manager engages with the Senior Director, HRSS to shape and project plan the portfolio of projects in the HR Shared Services team. The colleague will also collaborate with external consultants and vendor representatives to investigate system capabilities, resolve issues and manage the implementation lifecycle.
- The Manager, HRSS Projects will be driven to identify ways to transform current HRSS processes and deploy system capabilities across HR as part of an ongoing effort to deliver Operational Excellence, driving the rollout and enhancing the availability of the HRSS In-System Self-Service Model.
- Manage the HRSS project cycle and facilitate the change management process
- Identify process gaps and engage in process analysis, mapping and design to further refine the HR Shared Service model
- Scope, configure and deploy additional in-system workflows Refine approach and deploy self-service capabilities to additional user groups across HR and into the PPFA business lines
- Investigate and identify potential use cases for new employee document generation templates
- Devise and refine system-based notifications for process stakeholders
- Become a subject matter expert for SAP SuccessFactors and Lever using all available resources (product communications, online support and training as well as available consultant resources)Evaluate available feature upgrades and system capabilities and develop a point of view on improvements to HRSS services and client experience
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to deploy and/or refine system interfaces between HR systems and with other systems across the PPFA IT landscape
- Act as backup admin for Recruiting & Benefits systems
- Identify potential solutions for automation and reporting of compensation- related processes and information
- Identify gaps in existing compensation standardization practices and develop assets to streamline the application and communication of those standards
- Engage in compensation analysis for new employee requisitions
- Investigate and learn available reporting tools and data sources to be able to leverage systems in the analysis of operational and project related data as needed
- Develop understanding of data assets deployed in the team to be able to act as back-up for specific data and reporting tasks as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3+ years of progressive HR experience, familiarity with non-for-profit organizations a plus
- Previous experience in (HR) system integration, process consulting and operations transformation strongly preferred
- Driven to succeed and committed to deliver a high quality “wow” product every time Ideal candidate is a serial problem solver, always independently working on a path forward in solving process or technical challenges
- Takes the initiative and introduces new ideas using all resources and mediums at their disposal
- High attention to detail – keen focus on executing accurately and quickly
- Naturally curious, ideal candidate thrives on asking the thought-provoking questions and then exploring the options to improve and streamline processes that create structure, order and are in compliance with policies
- Significant experience working with software tools to document and communicate ideas (Slides, Lucidchart, Google Docs) and to engage in data analysis (Excel, Sheets) required
- Candidates should be comfortable with and be able to work effectively with spreadsheets and datasets (working with keyboard shortcuts, using auto-filters, pivot tables, lookup formulas to collate datasets, text manipulation)Experience with advanced reporting tools like Google Data Studio or Power BI a plus
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer