About Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2017 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Supports Finance management by heading a finance team, under the direction of the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. The Manager is tasked with owning recurring and ad-hoc analyses across all areas of the organization including, without limitation, short- and long-term financial planning, ongoing cost reduction opportunity sizing and execution, competitive and strategic benchmarking, labor analysis and negotiations, capital allocation and fleet planning, flight profitability and complex financial modeling to include internal rate of return, net present value and payback. The Manager is expected to provide timely, accurate analyses, develop the skills of their team and effectively collaborate with stakeholders including Finance leadership, business partners and various operating groups.
- Champion Frontier’s low cost philosophy within the organization and enhance financial awareness across the company.
- Manage a team of financial analysts and accelerate the team’s professional development.
- Prioritize workstreams, balancing resources available and business needs; proactively communicate deliverable status and deadlines to finance leadership and business stakeholders.
- Ensure the team delivers timely, accurate analyses to Finance leadership and business stakeholders.
- Improve the speed and accuracy of budgeting and forecasting; collaborate with business stakeholders throughout the financial planning process.
- Evaluate the financial implications of potential capital projects and develop management recommendations.
- Investigate the root causes of cost and revenue variances and propose profit-maximizing resolutions.
- Identify and size potential revenue and cost opportunities across the organization.
- Conduct scenario analysis to identify optimal strategies in the face of uncertainty.
- Act as an internal consultant, improving processes and efficiency across the organization.
- Benchmark financial and operational performance against competitors and best practices.
- Conduct ad-hoc projects, reports, and financial analyses as determined by senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; prefer degree in Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative field
- Graduate degree in quantitative discipline strongly preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience (finance, consulting, or related fields/functions) or commensurate combination of graduate work and relevant work experience strongly preferred
- Functional experience in financial accounting, management accounting, financial analysis, financial modeling, planning, forecasting and/or management reporting preferred
- 1+ year of supervisory experience required
- Proven supervisory ability and experience presenting information to all levels of management
- Prior airline experience beneficial
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills; demonstrated understanding of economic, financial, and accounting concepts
- Exemplary written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to independently prioritize analyses for self and team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to structure logical analytical approaches and to apply a range of quantitative techniques to solve business problems in an efficient, timely manner
- Comfortable working self-sufficiently and in guiding team of financial analysts to creatively solve analytical challenges with limited data and imminent deadlines
- Advanced understanding of Excel, macros, and other software used for data mining and analysis
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.