As a key contributor to the Data Management and Field Reporting team, this position is responsible for serving as the field reporting and data investigations lead for Patient Access. They will ensure that the accuracy, reporting, integration, and aggregation of the data support all requirements for key stakeholders in order to drive patient pull through efforts in the field.
To successfully achieve this, the position will act as a liaison with the following: field sales and access teams, business analytics counterparts, incentive compensation, commercial market access, commercial information technology, supplier contracts/trade, data vendors, alliance counterparts, and executive management.
By way of establishing close partnerships within this matrix, the position will collaborate as a critical thought leader in setting direction to implement best data sources and reporting, including but not limited to: Patient status and dispense data, field activity metrics, KPI’s, etc., in addition to knowledge sharing across the organization and safeguarding a single version of the truth.
Manage all ongoing aspects of the patient access field reporting including the use of specialty pharmacy data, Rx, payer plan, outlet, and patient support programs data; ensuring the dissemination of accurate, reliable, timely, and actionable information to actively support and improve business decisions.
- Serve as SME for current and potential data sources used in the reports, ensure best practices are applied and optimal insights are derived for those sources.
- Serve as primary contact and triage point with the field and internal users for report and data inquiries; work with data source owners, both internal and external, to resolve and be able to clearly and concisely report back to users and senior management
- Develop and maintain documentation and training materials regarding the reports and the data contained, serve as a training resource to new and existing users in both formal and informal settings.
- Perform ad hoc analyses to understand impacts of data issues, troubleshoot inquiries, enhance quality controls, answer questions and present findings to stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain quality assurance procedures for the field reports and any deliverables.
- As business needs evolve, capture requirements across all key stakeholders and manage changes to reports, metrics, business rules and processes.
- Develop and maintain standard data deliverables in partnership with internal and external cross-functional teams.
- Work with the commercial information technology team to ensure business requirements are captured for future development, deployment and utility of relevant data reporting within customized dashboards and reporting platforms with meaningful service level metrics for all key stakeholders.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience in the biopharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees including senior management.
- The ability to work effectively and independently in a dynamic environment, to cope with change and ambiguity and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on working experience with specialty pharmacy and patient hub data (e.g. status and dispense).
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, comfort in presenting to groups.
- Previous experience working with data in MS Office (Excel/Access) and/or BI tools (e.g. Tableau, SAS, SQL).
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.