The Devices Manufacturing Team has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Manager, Factory Management Engineering. This position is responsible managing hardware enclosure projects from the start of the engineering phase thru mass production phase. Additionally, this individual will work upstream collaborating with our internal Technology and Product teams to influence the chosen technology and design paths ensuring a smooth transition from the Technology phase to the Engineering phase of the product development cycle.
- Critical thinking and logical problem-solving skills that support effective decision making.
- Continuously measures gaps to expectations and develops countermeasure when appropriate.
- Ability to Plan effectively, organize and align different functional teams.
- Communications – Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication skills and executive presence – ability to compile and effectively present updates and risk status to senior management.
- Leadership – naturally curious, leads change management.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to defuse tension among project/product teams to achieve a common goal.
- BSc/MSc in a strong engineering discipline.
- 6+ years demonstrated engineering leadership in a multinational corporation.
- An established record of leadership in an Engineering Role.
- Proven track record of implementation of game changing solution that has resulted in proven leadership in manufacturing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with demonstrated success in upward communication to senior management.
- Proven leadership record, team development, and strategic planning and implementation.
- Adept at managing internal and external relationships through use of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in diverse cultural environments with cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to travel internationally to conduct business meetings at supply partners’ site and other locations
#Mechanical, Mechanical Process Development
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.