The Heritage Business Intelligence & Analytics team is seeking an experienced manger to join our growing team of data analytics and warehouse experts to provide strong analytical management and support for our innovative and insightful projects and processes. The manager will work within our cross-functional teams to build scalable analytics solutions for organizational data-driven decision-making. The manger will establish and oversee best practices for BI, analytical solution development life cycle, and data governance. This position serves as a liaison between departments (i.e. population health, care management), information services teams, and site physicians to deliver data-driven analytics and insights to key stakeholders across the enterprise. The candidate must have a solid understanding of business operations and analytics within a healthcare environment and must have previous experience managing analytics teams. In addition, the candidate should be passionate about analytics and its power to transform clinical and business operations.
Essential Values-Based, Leadership and Management Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System.
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation and stewardship. (As defined on the attached Values-Based Competency Model Form.)
- Works with the Director in the strategic planning and tactical implementation of organizational initiatives and provide thought leadership on advanced tools and technologies needed to advance the team’s skillsets
- Oversees the successful development and implementation of our high priority executive analytics initiatives
- Works with various stakeholders to gather requirements and drive analytics implementations through an agile/iterative process
- Collaborate with internal departments to understand their evolving data needs, and develop and execute on analytics to meet those needs while driving towards improved outcomes and overall performance metrics
- Leads a cross-functional team of data and analytics analysts and SQL developers to design, develop, and implement multi-discipline analytics across various domains such as population health, finance, quality and health plans
- Manages activities related to staffing, including recruiting, orienting, and evaluating all analysts.
- Maintains the day-to-day operations of the analytics team including team huddles, error resolution, and follow-ups
- Apply process improvements for the team’s specifications gathering and technical processes to ensure appropriate creation of reports and analyses while reducing rework
- Act as a project manager for high priority executive projects to allow team to meet their expected deliverable timelines
- Effectively communicate business needs and perspective to technical analysts
- Oversee the analytics requests process life-cycle from request intake to solution delivery
- Develop and implement quality controls and standards across all cross-functional requests, reports, and data warehouse processes
- Assist the team with developing new analytical and database solutions as needed
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Education: Requires bachelor’s degree in healthcare, information systems, or related field. Relevant experience and/or appropriate certifications may be substituted with a High School diploma or equivalent degree.
- Six (6) years’ experience in data warehouse/analytics roles
- One (1) year experience within Healthcare and Analytics
- Five (5) years’ management experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (specifically, Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, and Visio).
- Experience with multiple Analytics Presentation Data Tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience with Datawarehouse management
- Experience with statistical data analysis
Other: Valid California Driver’s License and automobile insurance for employee-owned vehicles.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to convey technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of healthcare industry and source systems, including claims, ambulatory encounter and risk stratification data
- Automation and data visualization experience, preferably MS Office Excel, Tableau, SQL, SSRS
- Be a strong leader with previous hands on technical experience, thorough understanding of data marts, ETL processing, data visualization, and information delivery
- Ability to lead and motivate a team in a collaborative environment
- Strong skills in developing self-service analytical solutions
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required; Experience with MS applications (e.g. Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Project) preferred.
- Displays an entrepreneurial attitude while work-style reflecting the mission, vision and values of the Organization; must have a flexible approach and is prepared to adapt and innovate
- Resourceful; demonstrates creativity, sound judgment and ability to work “differently”
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Manage expectations and effective communication to stakeholders, business leaders, as well as internal and external IT stakeholders and leaders.
- Systematic and orderly planning abilities, with a high attention to details.
- Customer-focused attitude and ability to work proactively and efficiently with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel between St. Joseph Health locations.
- Improving Performance: The SJ Way is the way the IS Department does our work using Toyota Production System methodologies in a culture of continuous improvement. We view every member of our team as a problem solver, empowered to recognize and communicate problems and identify new and better ways to do our jobs that eliminate waste and increase value for our customers and users of IT.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Previous experience in the following Microsoft tools: TSQL/SSRS/BIDS/SSIS/SSAS, highly desirable
- Three (3) plus years of healthcare experience applying analytical methodologies, with specific experience utilizing business and/or clinical applications.
- Hands-on experience with ambulatory information systems (practice management, claims management, or electronic health record system) preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of project management practices and methodologies highly desirable.
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico. SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJH maintains a ‘continuum of care,’ matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states. For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor – the Great Workplace Award. SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system. St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do. Excellent compensation program and benefits provided. St. Joseph Health (SJH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Health (SJH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Health Care