Who We Are:
Hussey Seating Company is one of America’s oldest family-owned businesses and is the oldest family-owned manufacturer in Maine. Founded in 1835, Hussey designs, manufactures and sells the highest quality spectator and audience seating systems throughout the United States and internationally.
Hussey Seating is proud to be a 2019 “Best Places to Work in Maine” award winner. We have competitive benefits, an on-site gym, and promote work-life balance. For over 184 years our values haven’t changed:
- We are a family business in it for the long run
- We operate with honesty and integrity
- We care about the people we work with
From high school gymnasiums, tracks and football fields, to professional arenas and performing arts centers, wherever you find spectators sharing a great moment you’ll find Hussey Seats.
Who You Are:
The Major Projects Coordinator will be assigned to manage small to medium scope direct projects and highly complex dealer jobs with responsibility for on-time completion, excellent customer service, and achievement of budgeted gross profit. Timely support of the project managers and installers is required on other projects as needed.
Hussey seeks a self-motivated effective team member with strong verbal and written communication skills to join our growing Project Management team. We are looking for someone with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and collaborate in a deadline driven, fluid environment. The best candidate will have strong customer service skills and can work with all levels of management and employees in a collaborative manner. Excellent time management and organizational skills are a must with the ability to understand HSC products and applications. You must understand architectural drawings and specifications and become or be certified in OSHA 10 construction. Willingness to travel is a must.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in project kick-off to be familiar with project scope and assist with initial document requirements.
- Assist the project managers by providing internal and external follow-up on submittals, samples, approvals, etc.
- Must understand and identify critical project requirements
- Coordinate and/or participate in field checks
- Track shipments on projects as required
- Coordinate project close-out documentation including punch list completion
- Enforcement of Hussey Safety policies and programs.
- Work with installers on resolution of field issues and product delivery
- Assist with project quoting, i.e. submit request to installers, consolidate bid information
- Assist with overall improvements required to streamline process from bid to closeout.
Ideal candidate will have these qualifications/skills:
- Minimum of a 2 year technical/construction degree or 2 years Hussey experience
- Technical expertise/comfort with manufacturing and construction
- Highly skilled with company software and industry software and systems
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement