Reporting to the Supervisor of Facility Maintenance, the position is responsible for providing services involving repairs and maintenance of structures, electrical systems, plumbing, washers and dryers, heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, in compliance with government and management directives.
Duties include, but not limited to:
1. Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems.
2. Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses.
3. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
4. Install window shades or coverings, and security locks.
5. Perform repair or replacement of plumbing, fixtures, washers, and seals.
6. help prepare surfaces for finishing and painting.
7. Direct students assigned to maintenance department.
8. Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
9. Update all maintenance documentation into designated system on a timely basis.
10. Provide positive, quality customer services to student, staff and other center customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 years related experience required. Technical training in maintenance repair required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
About Us: Hawaii Job Corps Center is operated by Management & Training Corporation (MTC) for the U.S. Department of Labor. Located in Waimanalo, Oahu & Makawa’o Maui, our campus is home to 300+ young adults, ages 16-24, who have made the decision to come to Job Corps in order to improve their lives. Every staff member is part of teaching the students the academic, technical training, employability, and social skills they need to become prepared for successful careers.
A Job Corps campus is like a mini-college. It has dormitories, classrooms, a dining hall, and recreational and medical facilities. Training is open entry, open exit and can last up to two years. Students work at their own pace, guided by academic and career training instructors who are committed to their success.
Hawaii Job Corps Center offers students training in 9 vocations: building construction technology, automotive, office administration, culinary, landscaping, painting, health occupations, medical office administration and security/protective services trade.
Hawaii Job Corps/MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
*Medical, vision and prescription drug benefits *Dental benefits *Life insurance *Short-term & long-term disability benefits *401(k) Retirement plan *Employee assistance program *Sick leave and vacation *Holidays *Civic duty and Military Leave *Free Parking *Reduced Cost Meals *Employee Wellness Programs *Fun & Supportive Working Environment
HAWAII JOB CORPS IS A BLUE ZONES APPROVED WORKSITE