To perform various mechanical and maintenance duties necessary to keep the facility and all equipment functional and operating safely and in accordance with state and federal guidelines and established maintenance standards.
No supervisory responsibilities.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Follow preventative maintenance schedules to keep building and machinery in working condition following the user guide manuals for machinery.
2. Inspect and test prevention equipment such as smoke alarms, fire alarms, smoke/fire dampers, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems and related devices and equipment.
3. Responsible for grounds maintenance tasks such as lawn care, trimming bushes and trees, landscaping, and other related tasks.
4. Assist with snow removal in collaboration with lead maintenance technician.
5. Assist maintaining building equipment such as heating and ventilation, air compressors, kitchen appliances, laundry equipment, plumbing systems, water heaters, water softeners, etc.
6. Paint and plaster work building wide.
7. Resident room inspection following discharge and room set up for admission (touch up paint, call light system, bed changes, air vents, etc.).
8. Repair furniture (nightstands, beds, lift recliners, wheelchairs, walkers, etc.).
9. Make minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs.
10. Handle all incoming and outgoing freight (food and nursing supplies) and stock heavy nursing supplies on units. Lifting and moving heavy equipment and furniture
11. Complete work orders and scheduled preventative maintenance listed in the Akita work order system. Check system daily for tasks that require completion.
12. Responsible for daily facility wide rounds checking for safety compliance, cooling and heating function, water temperatures, etc., and documenting results.
13. Responsible to know and practice the Safety policies of the County. Perform all job tasks in a safe and prescribed manner.
B. OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Requisition supplies and equipment for use in department activities.
2. On-call 24-hours a day every other week. Snow removal is on-call responsibility on off hours to keep sidewalks and exits and clear.
3. Monitor Desigo software system to insure heating and cooling system running properly and make adjustments as needed.
4. Any other duties as assigned.