The Maintenance Technician I will provide general maintenance to housing being rented to families. This position may also perform work to get rental unit ready during change of occupancy. As Maintenance Technician, you will be a valuable member of the maintenance team. You will be responsible for checking, troubleshooting, and making routine repairs in the following areas: air conditioning, water heaters, plumbing, painting, carpentry, and other building maintenance areas. Maintenance Technician I personnel will frequently work outdoors in all weather conditions, as well as in attics, crawl spaces and other tight spaces depending on the maintenance requirement.
Essential Job Functions
· Respond to service requests regarding furnaces, air-conditioning systems, appliances, water heaters and solar collection tanks, disposals, general plumbing, carpentry, painting, and other required maintenance items, as may be required.
· Maintain equipment such as tools, gauges, snakes, drills, etc., in ready repair.
· Understand the proper use of equipment and chemicals and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
· Follow and adhere to an established preventive maintenance program for all heating and ventilation systems and perform the required maintenance including replacement of filters, etc.
· Assist in the make ready of vacated units including, but not limited to, painting, sanding, and varnishing, floor tile removal and replacement, ceramic tile replacement, dry wall repair, fixture repair, and/or replacement, floor stripping, waxing, and polishing, window repair and/or replacement, etc., as will from time to time be required. Similar work as described above may also be required on the exterior of the home to make ready.
· Perform emergency maintenance as required including sewage back-ups, water main and/or lateral breaks (dig to expose line, repair, and replace soil as needed), fires, other types of water leaks, appliance repairs and etc.
· Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
· Reliable and dependable attendance and punctuality are essential for this position.
· Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
· Have general knowledge of the maintenance trades such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
· One to three years’ experience in building maintenance.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
· Able to work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights up to 54 pounds occasionally.
· Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts.
· EPA certification required. If not obtained at time of hire, must be able to obtain certification within 6 months of employment.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible