Works on routine maintenance activities as well as activities that are very complex in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations – striving for right the first time through adherence of GMP activities. Supports the execution of intermediate level critical utilities activities and troubleshooting, including WFI Stills and Clean Steam Generators. Technical trainer and subject matter expert for several advanced level activities (Columns, Centrifuge, Pumps, and Agitators) – provides consistent training to the staff and expertise in all unit operations and technique within the maintenance operation. Leads the evaluation of maintenance operation procedures and recommends and implements changes to optimize the operation. Assesses work execution for safety concerns and reports to supervisor/management. Assesses work performance of team members and identifies needed training/coaching. Drives implementation of process enhancement and new technology in partnership with maintenance reliability, system owner, and manufacturing engineering. Leads/Performs complex troubleshooting on the floor – drives technical issues related or impacting the critical utility systems in working with cross functional team members. Supports vendor activities and oversees work execution. Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operation procedures – ensures that work order logs and documentation is completed with accurate information following GDPs. Develops and revises related SOPs, Lockout/Tagout forms, or job plans/work plans – ensures the accuracy of job plan steps and works with planning and scheduling to revise as needed. Performs review of maintenance craft completed work orders and follow up data management or feedback to planner requests in Maximo. Supports routine investigations and CAPAs – author in case of excess investigation beyond planned capacity. Ensures all assigned work is completed within the assigned scheduled shift. Acts as immediate representative of the maintenance supervisory staff and participates in departmental meetings. Participates in Failure Modes and Effect Analysis.
Effectively uses process automation systems (i.e. Delta V, Pi Historian, Maximo, Agentry Client) and supporting systems (Trackwise). Ensures less experienced maintenance personnel comply with standard operating procedures and job plans and that training is completed on time. Assists with the coordination of special projects such as engineering or larger/more complex repairs or maintenance of the utility systems. Support the planning and scheduling of routine PM’s and corrective maintenance with production and maintenance and operations planning and scheduling.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 6 years directly related experience one of the following fields: clean utilities operations / maintenance, process equipment maintenance.
- Ability to interact and communicate directly with operations staff to minimize impact to production activities.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems used in business, previous experience using automated work orders and job instructions desired.
- Customer Service is paramount, therefore must build and sustain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Manufacturing, Quality, EHS, and local community and regulatory agencies to meet site and Business requirements.
- Working knowledge of power and hand tools
- Ability to work from system drawings (P&IDs) and engineering drawings.
- Ability to research data in Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (OEM) manuals
- Working knowledge of FDA, OSHA, and GMP requirements.
- Must have ability to work as self-starter and handle multiple priorities in a dynamic cross-functional team based environment.
- Maintains a professional and productive relationship with area management and co-workers.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, is attentive and approachable.
- Previous work experience where attention to detail and personal accountability were critical to success