Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
This is a full-time position is located in Nashville. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position.
- Follow all safety, food safety, and environmental programs.
- Perform safe troubleshooting, installation, routine maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment (pumps, motors, fans, gearboxes, etc.)
- Read and understand mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and piping schematics
- Have a basic understanding of electrical to assist in equipment troubleshooting
- Document daily work assigned on paper for maintenance management system
- Utilize parts in inventory to repair equipment and follow procedures for documenting usage
- Identify problems and make suggestions to improve operational processes
- Work in and promote a positive team working environment
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have knowledge of hand and power tools
- Willingness to participate in HAZMAT
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold and be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Able to perform maintenance trades including: electrical, pumps and piping systems and hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Previous experience in production or manufacturing
- Previous Cargill experience
- Work history in the past 12 months
- Communication skills both within and across departments
- Able to operate heavy equipment
- Forklift certified
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.