Success is always in style at TJX! Continue to explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and TK Maxx in Australia.
Maintenance Technician – Tech III
Maintains safe, efficient and proper operation of a variety of Distribution Center equipment and systems. Must understand and perform all functions within the Facilities department. Interprets blueprints, sketches, and layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings and specifications. Leads and guides other associates in safety procedures, installations and maintenance. Recommends and implements improvements to equipment. Performs special projects or duties as assigned. Assist in verification of all work completed and paperwork is filled out correctly. Displays the abilities necessary to become a team leader in the absence of management. Must be able to troubleshoot any mechanical or electrical problem, and able to make sound decisions to effectively eliminate downtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- have proven proficiency at welding and fabricating
- Must be knowledgeable about all types of belting and be able to make any necessary repairs and or adjustments to belts and associated equipment
- Must have proven electrical experience in medium to low voltage distribution equipment
- Must have proven ability to troubleshoot and install all electrical equipment
- Must be able to read and troubleshoot from as built drawings and electrical schematics
- Must be able to effectively analyze and rebuild all types of motors
- Must be proficient at troubleshooting and analysis of various types of drive units. Must be able to rebuild drive units effectively.
- Any required repair sweating pipe, black iron pipe, sizing pipe, bathroom fixture repairs.
- Must be proficient identifying all issues for both the EMS control system and HVAC equipment in the facility.
- Have a strong working knowledge and understanding of a CMMS system.
- Understand and assist in all inventory processes
- Complete all necessary work orders
- Minimum of 4-6 years in the maintenance field with experience in supervising mechanics.
- Must have attained the mechanic level II skill set.
- A good background in troubleshooting, setting priorities, and project planning is necessary
- High School diploma or GED 3-5 years of conveyor systems and power equipment experience.
- 2 years leadership experience.
- Must have Detailed knowledge of electrical systems, HVAC systems, water systems, building repairs and housekeeping procedures.
- Strong knowledge of building codes, trade standards and general practices within the maintenance field.
- Strong knowledge of electricity, mechanical, construction, plumbing and HVAC.
- Strong Communication, organizational, and negotiating skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to our open atmosphere and supportive work environment, we are proud to offer an exemplary
benefits package that includes: Optional participation in medical, dental, life insurance, long term
disability, and vision discount program and 401(k) profit sharing plan. The TJX
Companies, Inc. also provides company paid benefits such as basic life insurance and short-term disability. We offer competitive paid time off benefits, an Associate discount
and opportunity for leaves of absences. Benefit eligibility varies depending on hours worked and length
T.J. Maxx is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
What’s In It For You?
At TJX, you’ll not only enjoy working for an industry leader, but we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio