The Maintenance Tech I is responsible for minor repair projects, maintaining tool, fuel and maintenance supply inventory, light maintenance on maintenance vehicles, working to ensure all maintenance requests are addressed appropriately and promptly.
OUR CULTURE AND COMMITMENT:
The YMCA of the Triangle is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life working side by side with us to strengthen our community. Our mission compels us to embrace, reflect and celebrate the richness of diversity within each other and the many communities we serve with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming and inclusive: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Maintain a clean branch facility, including main building, out buildings, trails, ground, storage areas, vehicles, etc. This includes both interior and exterior.
- Assist Operations Director wherever needed with communication and oversight required for contracted vendors performing work at the branch.
- Keep all camp vehicles in proper working condition
- Assist with special events as needed (special events require off-hour shifts including early mornings, nights and weekends
- Ensure room setup for reserved rooms is carried out thoroughly and in a timely fashion
- Assist with prep work required to accommodate seasonal activities – camp prep, outdoor pool prep, New Year’s Rush preparations
- Assume direct responsibility for coordinating maintenance requests received via FacilityDude software
- Complete simple plumping, electrical and carpentry repairs
- Assist in keeping grounds clean, maintained and functional for all participants
- Advise Operations Director of needed building repairs as observed while cleaning building and grounds
- Be responsible for checking and maintaining road worthiness of maintenance vehicles; to include but not limited to oil and water levels, tire pressure, vehicle log books, safety equipment, etc.
- Assist Operations Director as needed on camp construction projects
- Be responsible for ordering and stocking supplies needed for maintaining facility readiness
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
- Actively put the Mission of the YMCA into action through developing relationship with staff and members
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor
Advancing our Mission & Cause: Provide visionary leadership to the organization and to ensure that all resources are mobilized to adapt to new challenges and needs in the community
Building Relationships: Connect people to the Y’s cause by developing inclusive relationships, partnerships and collaborations so that Y’s can co-create solutions to pressing social needs
Leading Operations: Ensure relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability of the organization so that we can continue to fulfill our promise to the community
Developing & Inspiring People: Support the holistic development of self and others so that everyone can embrace the Y’s cause, sustain the Y’s culture, and inspire others to take individual and collective action to further our impact