Job Description for Address
Sauget, IL 62206
Job ID:? 234582
Lawn & Garden,? a CRH company,?a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities.? We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools, and machinery as assigned by the Plant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and direct workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
- Assist and direct workers in the?diagnosis of malfunctions in equipment and machinery
- Strong electrical background, PLC knowledge; 480 industrial voltage, maintenance programs, ordering parts, quotes for repairs and installation of equipment are essential qualifications necessary for this position
- Inspect all production equipment daily
- Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and assign mechanic for repair
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and special purpose machines as assigned
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned
- Weld and use cutting torch as required
- Perform general repairs to plant structures
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and discuss with Plant Manager for approval and repairs as needed
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls, and circuit boards
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools,?and power tools. Replace and install parts as needed
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Ensure safety guidelines are followed
- Perform maintenance on loaders and forklifts
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Responsible for supervising assigned workers including interviewing process, disciplinary, motivating, evaluating performance and?developing personnel assigned
- Responsible for keeping attendance and productions records, identifying potential problems and managing them appropriately
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.? The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account.