We are seeking a Maintenance Porter to join our team at our North Austin location.
We offer a competitive compensation and 3 weeks Paid Time Off in your first year of employment!
This position will be responsible for installing, repairing, and performing maintenance on a variety of systems and components in a residential setting (Rustic Creek/Austin region). Areas of maintenance include but are not limited to HVAC systems, electrical components, plumbing systems and swimming pools.
· Responsible for meticulous upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors, parking lots and other community buildings.
· Remove trash from office areas and apartment community perimeter daily.
· Assist in the preparation of market ready units, including remove trash from vacant apartments (trash outs) prior to make-ready.
· Assist Facilities Rep/Director of Operations and/or perform assigned maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
· Assist in the cleaning of available apartments and or models.
· Assist maintenance team with snow removal (If applicable).
· Assist in the troubleshoot/repair of mechanical, carpentry and electrical problems.
· Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on available apartments, models and/or common areas to the Facilities Rep.
· Meticulously maintains curb appeal.
· Assist management team with other various tasks required.
· Uphold all company policies, goals, and values.
· Represent the community in a professional manner at all times-on/off property.
· Deliver communication documentation to residents.
· Contribute to resident retention programs.
· Being available for on-call nights and weekends, to be divided between the Department members.
· Being flexible to work at other locations, depending on business needs.
· Assist team in moving all furniture or appliances to properties and or storage.
· Neat, clean, and professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
· Operate vehicle and driver’s license required according to community needs.
· Demonstrate ability to perform tasks described above without seeking outside contractor assistance.
· Demonstrate strong communication skills for communicating with residents, co-workers, and senior management.
· Demonstrate ability to contribute to and foster a team approach to serving residents and maintaining a successful community.
- Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Learns and ensures compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Immediately report all unsafe conditions.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. This position routinely uses standard hand and power tools such as drills, saws, pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers. This position requires the ability to drive a company vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires long periods of walking and standing, periodic sitting, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. This position requires lifting and/or moving items up to 50 pounds as well as specific vision abilities such as close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and the schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm including holidays or as scheduled by the Facilities Manager. May need to work weekends on emergency basis.
This position will require travel between properties located in the Austin area
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Certification from an approved HVAC trade school. CPO certification preferred. 1-2 years of experience in residential maintenance including HVAC, electrical and plumbing skills. Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe manner.
Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record. Must have good customer service skills, as well as good verbal and written communication skills, basic computer skills, and the ability to be a self-starter with minimal supervision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Austin, TX 78723 (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- HVAC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place