Madrona Specialty Foods, maker of LaPanzanella Croccantini crackers and other fine food products, has an exciting opportunity in Tukwila for an experienced Maintenance Mechanic!
Why should you work for us?
As an employee of Madrona Specialty Foods you will enjoy a friendly, welcoming workplace where people support each other and treat everybody with respect, and strive for continuous improvement. Additionally, you would be eligible to receive a benefits package that includes Medical Benefits, 401(k), Paid Time Off and more! See what our employees had to say about working with us in a recent survey we conducted:
“Amazing company to work for. Good culture, fun, high energy and lots of reasons to stay!”
“MSF is Team oriented everyone does what they need to do to get the job done, aside from business, we get the opportunity to do fun things most companies do not provide their employees.”
“MSF is a group of friendly, focused individuals – continuously striving for improvements while each doing their part in producing topnotch quality product.”
If this sounds like the place for you, please send you resume together with a brief description of why you are qualified for this position, and your pay expectations by replying to this post.
In our position Maintenance Mechanic you will be responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of food manufacturing plant equipment and systems.
You will work Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4pm, and you must be available for on-call duty.
· Hands-on repair and/or fabrications of plant equipment and machinery
· Preventive maintenance (PM)
· Train and instruct production staff about equipment operation, maintenance and repair
· Inventory monitoring and maintenance
· Maintain work orders
· Work with all Plant personnel
· Special projects
· Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations to solve maintenance related problems
· Ensure that all job tasks are performed in compliance with all food safety and quality management system rules, procedures, policies and guidelines
· Other tasks as assigned by the Company
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Ability to work assigned hours
· Availability for 24/7 on-call duty, to be shared with another Maintenance Mechanic
· Good at maintaining and repairing production related equipment and systems
· Good at managing maintenance projects
· Good with chemicals and SDS instructions
· Ability to efficiently communicate in English language
· Basic computer skills, including but not limited to MS Office Outlook, Excel and Word
Education and Experience Required
· Three (3) or more years of Maintenance experience in manufacturing environment
· AA Degree, or Certificate in Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology, or other related field preferred
· Welding, electrical, and low voltage certifications required
· HVAC certification preferred
· Forklift certification, or ability to obtain it
· Or any combination of education and experience that provides the same expertise.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. Must be able to pass background check and drug test. Madrona Specialty Foods participates in the E-Verify program
No phone calls, agencies, or third parties.
Madrona Specialty Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department
Seattle-area based La Panzanella® Artisanal Foods Co. is part of the family-owned company, Madrona Specialty Foods. They are the bakers of one of America’s best-selling specialty crackers, the Mini Croccantini®. The company’s mission is to create uniquely-crafted and always delicious artisan foods. From simple ingredient, Non-GMO Verified line of Italian Croccantini crackers to European-inspired Dolcetini artisan tea cookies, La Panzanella products are made with recipes and traditions handed down through generations and preserved today. All products are certified Kosher. Visit the company website at www.lapanzanella.com or social media sites including Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- maintenance mechanic: 3 years (Required)
- HVAC (Preferred)
- * Welding, electrical, and low voltage certifications requir (Required)
- Forklift Certified (Preferred)