Posted Date: Nov 14 2019
As a Maintenance Mechanic you will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and performing preventive maintenance and troubleshooting services to the facilities, manufacturing / packaging operations and its associated utilities, as well as the maintain utilities required for site operation in dietary supplement production facility.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Competently operate hand, power, and diagnostic tools.
- Utilize CMMS programs and maintain records and complete paperwork in accordance with all SOP and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining operational documentation such as, but not limited to, logbooks, monitoring parameter forms, safety inspection forms, corrective and preventive maintenance work orders, calibration records, or any other documentation.
- Develop maintenance procedures and improve equipment and system requisitions.
- Service equipment such as but not limited to dry powder filling machines, powder blenders, conveyor systems, scales, portable totes, dehumidifiers, and facility related devices.
- Participate in safety programs to meet requirements and contribute to the growth of sites safety culture.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs to manufacturing equipment/systems while maintaining the validated and/or commissioned state.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks within scheduled completion dates.
- Understands site SOP’s and cGMP’s relative to the positon and work within compliance of those standards.
- Complete paperwork/data entry in accordance with regulatory compliance.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Enforce compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), sanitation procedures and general housekeeping as well as all safety practices and procedures.
- Monitor and Control Manufacturing Overall Efficiency
- Ability to work in modules
- Support and execute maintenance activities for facility and utilities as required.
Hours of position:
- This position is for a 12-hour, rotating night-shift role. Night shift rotates over 2 weeks, must be available to work any shift and extended time. Will work on one weekend day every week. Will be assigned to work on holidays and shutdowns as required.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Associate’s degree or at least 4 years maintenance/repair experience in related field
- Experience in mechanical, electrical, machine control and PLC
- Ability to read/interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, schematics, blue prints and procedure materials
- Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Associate’s degree in electro/mechanical or related field
- Experience with metal fabrication, Tig welding, and/or milling
- Experience in facilities maintenance, carpentry, plumbing and painting
- Knowledge and understanding of GMP’s and Food Sanitation in a food or dietary supplement
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Able to life and move up to 50 pounds
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.