Borden & Remington chemical distribution division was founded in 1837 to supply chemicals to manufacturing facilities. In the long history of Borden & Remington, the focus has always been on satisfying the needs of our customers.
We realize that we must be flexible to the needs of the various industries we supply. We are constantly monitoring trends to forecast customer demands to assure a sufficient supply of commodity chemicals. We provide the chemicals to a wide customer base, which includes chemical processing, municipalities, power plants and general manufacturing companies.
Position Summary: This is a day shift position with periodic overtime, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor; working independently or in a team. The successful applicant must safely and efficiently maintain production equipment by providing for planned and preventative maintenance of chemical processing equipment. The applicant must also provide maintenance and repair related to infrastructure within the facility.
- Abide by all Company policies and comply with all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions, safety classes, and/or certifications related to the position.
- Perform routine safety checks on equipment prior to start, and maintain all records pertinent to the job.
- Safety utilize arc welding, MIG welding, TIG welding, oxygen/acetylene, plasma cutting and other metalworking tools and equipment.
- Inspect, maintain, lubricate, repair, troubleshoot, breakdown, clean up, and/or install equipment, including motors, drives, bearings, electronic magnets, valves, pumps, and other equipment.
- Operate inside enclosed/confined spaces, or from raised platforms or heights utilizing lifting devices or proper rigging procedures, in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Demonstrate proper housekeeping, and maintain all related safety equipment and tools of the trade.
- Perform, or assist in, maintenance and repairs as needed throughout the Complex.
- Maintain all related safety equipment and tools of the trade.
- Oversee the scheduled maintenance of welding and mechanical equipment to ensure it is operational
- Transport manufacturing equipment to production sites by manual means or using hand truck or forklift.
- Maintain a clean and hazard free work environment for efficient work operations
- Wear appropriate protective clothing in compliance with safety protocols
- Perform preventative maintenance of chemical processing equipment by lubricating, replacing, or fixing worn parts
- Maintain good knowledge of welding techniques and processes
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the work site.
- Must have at least five years’ experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial equipment.
- Must be able to perform necessary mathematical calculations pertaining to the job.
- New hires must pass a drug test and pre-employment physical.
- Demonstrate the physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job. Applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- Obtain forklift certification.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal hand tool and welding equipment abilities in order to successfully conduct basic tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time: