The Maintenance Mechanic primary responsibilities are to repair, maintain and set-up any and all production equipment as needed. Also to apply all technical knowledge and experience to insure that all repairs and set-ups are performed in a safe and accurate manner.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform set-ups as per manufacture's requirements
- Read and understand manufacture's preventative maintenance recommendations
- Perform production set-ups and inspections in a timely manner
- Maintain all necessary tools and equipment to perform the duties as assigned
- Read and understand basic electrical schematics
- Perform basic electrical jobs such as replace motors, switches and basic relay circuits
What you’ll need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $28.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place