Currently we have an opening within our Phoenix, AZ manufacturing facility for Maintenance Manager.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for maintaining 24/5 (and some weekends) plant manufacturing operations with a team of maintenance mechanics/technicians. Focus on safe, efficient, reliable maintenance and operation of equipment to ensure the production of quality products and machine up time. The person filling this position must be adaptable to ever changing business environments and departmental need changes as well as inter departmental, general business and customer communication and confidentiality. This position is a Salary Exempt position and will report directly to the Regional Maintenance Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Schedule and perform repairs, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Review open job orders / tasks to determine work priorities.
- Directs preventative maintenance activities and updates program required for successful operations.
- Develops, implements and trends preventative maintenance programs in conjunction with maintenance personnel.
- Reviews production, quality control and maintenance reports and/or statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and optimize the utilization of labor and materials.
- Submits requisitions for tools, parts, equipment and standard maintenance supplies required for successful operations.
- Directs training and work instructions for workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
- Confers with management, production schedulers and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommends measures to improve operations and optimize machine / equipment life and performance.
- Work with vendors to source parts and to substitute OEM parts with more economical options, designing and testing improved parts, and updating older equipment.
- Provide input for capital projects including identifying scope, costs, milestones, etc.
- Planning and execution of the preventative maintenance programs. Improve the reliability of the equipment.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to maintenance staff in all aspects of their work.
- Serves as a key resource for safety related issues with the goal of meeting/exceeding OSHA requirements for a safe workplace.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10 years manufacturing maintenance experience.
- Mechanical troubleshooting of glass cutting/fabricating equipment and tempering ovens experience is required.
- Ability to solve mechanical/electrical problems.
- Experience with spending most of his/her time on the manufacturing floor. This is not a manage-via-the-office position.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication, and the ability to adapt the communication to the audience and positively influence others
- Demonstrated experience in issue identification and resolution skills (identifying and implementing solutions, getting others to support proposed solutions)
- Results-oriented & continuous improvement mindset
- Strong leadership coaching and mentoring skills a must
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) preferred
- Ability to travel occasionally for site visits and meetings
We offer full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include Health, Dental, Life, STD, and LTD. We also offer a 401(k) savings plan and a company match along with 9 paid Holidays and Paid Vacations. Our employees enjoy an employee referral program and other opportunities to grow within our organization. Compensation will depend on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Required)
- Maintenance Management: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off