Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer III to join our Avoca Inc business at our Menomonee Falls, WI. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Engineering function. This position will report to Plant Manager II.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Efficiently manages the costs of replacement parts and of contractual services/agreements.
- Efficiently manages the tasks/duties assigned to maintenance mechanics and regular contractors.
- Efficiently manages capital projects re budgets, executed cost and timeliness.
- Follows/adheres to corporate and site’s EHS and quality policies and procedures (e.g., life safety and GMPs).
- Ensures good and safe operation of all utilities such as steam boilers, ammonia refrigeration chilled water system, compressed air system, water treatment systems, electrical MCCs, cooler and HVAC.
- Ensures excellent/safe operation of all alarm and safety systems such as fire sprinklers, LEL and ammonia.
- Ensures production processing equipment is well maintained such as fermenters, agitators, pumps, centrifuges, process control components/systems, material handling devices.
- Issues/completes work tickets generated by the preventive maintenance program (planned) and production department (unplanned) via TabWare (to be replaced with Maximo).
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 4-year university degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- 10 years of maintenance management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a food or Pharmaceutical GMP production environment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience issuing life-safety work permits (LOTO, hot work, confined-space entry, line entry) for XP-rated production zones.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Min 5 years experience in a fermentation facility.
- Previously worked with Maximo software.
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Maintenance: 6 years (Preferred)