JOB TITLE: Maintenance Industrial Controls Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Maintenance Manager
SHIFT: 1st Shift
Endura Products, Inc. is proud to be a U.S. American-Made manufacturer of components for entry door systems that enhance performance, save time, eliminate service calls and cut costs, delivering a smarter door experience for everyone, every time. Our company is built on innovation, delivering the highest levels of component performance as our standard. We pride ourselves on offering solutions that lead the industry in performance and quality and are always working to make doors work not just better, but smarter. Endura Products is headquartered in Colfax, NC, with facilities in NC, OR, TX and TN, and distributes products throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Competitive wages with opportunity for advancement
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision package
- Short and Long-term Disability options
- Life Insurance
- Generous 401k
- Paid personal time and holidays
- Incentive and bonus pay opportunities
MAINTENANCE INDUSTRIAL CONTROLS SPECIALIST JOB SUMMARY
Provide primary technical support for plant operations including troubleshooting, maintenance support, and project implementations.
- Monitor process, including new equipment and tools, to ensure performance to specifications and implements capital and non-capital projects.
- Work with plant manufacturing personnel and quality control to ensure process and equipment can produce product that meets quality and engineering standards.
- Responds to and corrects equipment stoppage/mechanical breakdown. Troubleshoots (when necessary) and repairs Electrical and Mechanical failures of production machines.
- Train others in troubleshooting techniques and help develop Procedures from SOP’s to PM’s.
- Design, develop, and test electrical and mechanical components, equipment, and machinery and apply knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc.
- Install, adjust, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on production and all related equipment.
- Install and troubleshoot PLC and field instrument communications hardware.
- Monitors and identifies poor performing instruments impacting control performance. Identify and recommend solutions to the poor performance.
- Repair various machines and operate machine shop equipment, hand tools, power hand tools, and makes required parts when necessary.
- Position requires ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team.
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in manufacturing.
- Practices and complies with all Company policies and procedures including safety and work rules and maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Responsible for support in the both the Colfax and Stokesdale manufacturing plants.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervision.
- Associates Degree, Electrical or Mechanical preferred. A minimum of 5 years work experience in high-speed automation manufacturing may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong electrical, mechanical, analytical, and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office software. Drawing development software and knowledge of MS Project a plus.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing facility a plus.
- Working knowledge of variable frequency drives, including troubleshooting, programming, operations, maintenance, and installation.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, troubleshoot without schematics and ability to create electrical drawings, as necessary.
- Ability to program Allen Bradley, Micrologix and SLC5 PLCs for equipment used in manufacturing operations with understanding of Siemens S7 software is desired. Experience with Beckhoff PLCs is a PLUS.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible regarding work assignments, be available for various shifts, as needed.
- Good communication skills required including fluency with reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
- Ability to develop and present project concepts and justifications to team members including hourly personnel and senior management.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work alone.
- Takes a "no excuses" approach to making things happen.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort: A combination of typical office conditions and Production environment. Office work is performed in a sitting position with moving from office to office and Plant-to-Plant required. The plants are not climate controlled and must be capable of working in an environment with heat more than 90 degrees. Facility work is performed in a standing position and requires the use of typical tools for an Electrical technician. The flow of work and scope of duties involves use of upper and lower body motions. Lifting objects weighting up to 50 lbs. may be required at times.
Mental/Visual/Auditory Demand: Flow of work and scope of duties involve normal alertness, with extended periods of concentration. Normal and corrected hearing and vision are necessary.
Essential Job Functions: All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.