Proudly, as a team, we have swiftly exercised preventative COVID disciplines within our work environments and our team of associates have effectively addressed the COVID concerns. At Essendant, the health and safety of our associates, customers and business partners is our top priority! Please click to link below to see more about our coronavirus response.
Essendant Coronavirus Response
- Communicates with Managers/Supervisors and associates concerning work to be performed and/or status of equipment.
- Performs necessary equipment adjustments, repairs, modifications or preventative maintenance as appropriate.
- Observes and/or tests adjustments, repairs or modifications to ensure safe operation.
- Notifies Managers/Supervisors when repairs or maintenance is completed.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendants' Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform all required tasks within the scope of Maintenance 1 and 2 to the level of established productivity required and in keeping with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules, established processes and Quality guidelines.
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and controlled manner, i.e., box erector, tape machine, Taylor Dunn, material handling equipment etc.
- Ability to appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function, i.e., pick-to-voice, computer, scanner, etc.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a clean, organized work area and assist with housekeeping of the facility/work area.
- Assist and/or help out in other Distribution Center functions as required.
- Ability to follow simple directions (verbal and written) in English.
- Ability to perform basic math.
At Essendant Inc., it is our intention to be the fastest and most convenient solution for workplace essentials. To do this, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven employees. If you would like to be part of the team that helps unlock the potential of our customer-partners and those they serve, this is your chance to be involved. Essendant Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of workplace essentials, with consolidated net sales of $5.3 billion. Essendant stocks a broad assortment of over 160,000 products, including technology products, traditional office products, office furniture, janitorial and breakroom supplies, industrial supplies, and automotive aftermarket tools and equipment.
We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving, and growth. We believe in giving back to our communities as well as others in need. We embrace diversity and believe our employees create a sustainable competitive advantage. We adhere to the high standards of Our Guiding Actions and Our Values.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)