The Voice of the Martyrs is a non-profit, inter-denominational Christian organization dedicated to assisting the persecuted church worldwide. VOM was founded in 1967 by Pastor Richard Wurmbrand, who was imprisoned 14 years in Communist Romania for his faith in Christ. His wife, Sabina, was imprisoned for three years. In the 1960s, they were ransomed out of Romania and came to the United States. Through their travels, the Wurmbrands spread the message of the atrocities that Christians face in restricted nations, while establishing a network of offices dedicated to assisting the persecuted church. The Voice of the Martyrs continues in this mission around the world today.
Employees must personally adhere to our statement of faith and five main purposes.
The Voice of the Martyrs Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father where He intercedes for us, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that all men and women are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ is necessary for regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life in the presence of our Lord, and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism.
VOM's Five Purposes
- To encourage and empower Christians to fulfill the Great Commission in areas of the world where they are persecuted for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To provide practical relief and spiritual support to the families of Christian martyrs.
- To equip persecuted Christians to love and win to Christ those who are opposed to the gospel in their part of the world.
- To undertake projects of encouragement, helping believers rebuild their lives and Christian witness in countries that have formerly suffered oppression.
- To promote the fellowship of all believers by informing the world of the faith and courage of persecuted Christians, thereby inspiring believers to a deeper level of commitment to Christ and involvement in His Great Commission.
Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide employment free of discrimination to all individuals, employment decisions at VOM will be based on job qualification, character, and spiritual fitness.
VOM is, and will continue to be, an equal opportunity employer. It is VOM’s policy to abide by all state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination against applicants and/or employees on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, gender, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, or other legally protected status. As a Christian religious organization, VOM is permitted to discriminate in employment on the basis of religion. This means that VOM may terminate, discipline, or refuse to hire any employee or applicant who disagrees with or engages in behavior which is inconsistent with VOM’s religious teachings or beliefs.
VOM believes the Bible teaches that marriage is exclusively the legal union of one man and one woman and that legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Therefore, we do not recognize or condone any marriage between individuals of the same gender or between more than one man and woman; and we believe that extra-marital sexual activity, such as adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality, pedophilia, bestiality, the creation and/or distribution and/or viewing of pornography, and efforts to alter ones gender, are sinful and incompatible with the Bible and Christian behavior.
VOM will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Employees are responsible for understanding, adhering to and strictly enforcing this policy. Staff who feel that they have been unlawfully discriminated against, should bring this to the attention of their immediate supervisor (if applicable), director, or Human Resources. Anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All prospective employees will have their references checked and may be subject to a background check and/or drug screening.
Job Title: Mail Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Supervisor's Title: Mail Shop Manager
Generate and process bulk mailings in accordance with VOM requirements and U.S. Postal Service regulations. Process special mailings as they are generated from the different departments. Acts as Liaison between Operations and the Mail Services Specialist in PAS and USPS.
This position is located in Bartlesville, OK.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process mailing list to meet postal regulations using specialized software.
- Assure all needed postal requirements are met in the physical preparation of mail. (quality control)
- Evaluate new material specifications to be sure they are within mail machine tolerances.
- Communicate as needed with other departments to assure mailing schedules are kept.
- Develop a time schedule for the process of each mailing.
- Assure on time delivery of mail to the Post Office.
- Create and maintain pictorial mailing descriptions.
- Manage accounting data for postal accounts, permits, and expenditures.
Additional Job Functions:
- Track the receiving of materials for each mailing.
- Secure postal equipment supplies for upcoming mailings.
- Maintain inventory of consumable supplies and products needed for mailings.
- Establish and maintain processes and procedures documentation for mail shop.
- Print address labels for mailings.
- Have an overall understanding of database queries and mailing criteria.
- Manage production printers and minor parts maintenance.
- College degree preferred
- High-school diploma acceptable with five to ten years' training or experience in a related field of work
- Ability to use a computer at a mid-advanced level and learn specialized software.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must pass VOM forklift safety training every three years.
- Process mailing list files sent to mail Shop and assign to the correct work center for insertion.
- Track all small insertion mailings and insure their timely completion and delivery.
- Manage accounting and postal accounts related to Mail Shop.
Equipment to be used:
- Accounting: Excel spreadsheets, online payment and postal account systems.
- Mail processing equipment: Windows based computer system, typical Microsoft office applications, specialized mailing software, Donor-Direct database system, insertion machines, postage meters, scales, printers, pallet jacks, bundling machines, forklifts, and postal carts.
- Use of, or oversight of additional equipment may be necessary.
Typical Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time, walk, bend; use hand to handle or hold; reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 45 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with proper equipment.
Typical Mental Demands:
Must be able to apply a logical systematic approach to completion of tasks. Must have good organization and analytical skills. Must be able to adapt quickly to constantly changing USPS regulations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The normal work area is a climate controlled warehouse environment utilizing automated mail preparation equipment. The noise level is usually moderate, but is elevated during mail processing. Occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions.