Mail Clerk II(Job Number: 0179673)
Job Purpose: Provide mail collection and delivery services and perform related functions within the campus post office or large, multi-unit campus organization.
- Pick up and deliver mail on assigned routes; operate mail delivery motor vehicle.
- Process outgoing mail to include operation of digital mailing machine.
- Provide customer service to include responding to customer inquiries, postage sales and accountability for cash drawer.
- Print postage for letters and packages; prepare daily postage meter report.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma/GED or Vocational School Diploma
- Work Experience: One or more years job related experience.
- Certifications: Valid Driver’s License
- Skills: This job requires basic skills in mail sorting and distribution and providing related customer service. Skill in operation of automated mailing equipment and motor vehicle is required as is use of basic computer applications.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Prefer use of specialized skills within a retail operation or university center.
Additional Information: Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/employment/pre-employment-screening to obtain GT’s background and credit policy.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: customers and co-workers. This position typically will advise and counsel: customers. This position will supervise: NA.
Job: Postal Services
Organization: Student Center
Job Posting: Jun 11, 2019, 9:20:04 PM
Hiring Range: Min. to Mid Tier 1