- Responsible for the operation and mechanical maintenance of frozen vegetable packaging line(s).
- Work cooperatively with Supervisors, Maintenance personnel, and line workers to meet productivity standards.
- Set up line for production run.
- Continually monitor packaging equipment, product, packaging and personnel for the production run.
- Maintain safety, quality and production standards for each production run.
- Perform general mechanical duties including repair and maintenance of all mechanical components of each line.
- Maintain and operate ink jet coders and case printers.
- Refer all electrical/electronic problems to maintenance.
- Perform preventative maintenance on line equipment as needed, according to schedule.
- Actively develop solutions to limit operational downtime.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures, which include SOP’s, Employee Handbook, Food Safety and Quality Procedures, Food Quality Policies, GMP Handbook, HACCP, and Pictsweet Safety Procedures
- Responsible to assist in training new operators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge of hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, weigh machines, metal detectors, baggers, and material handling systems
- Good understanding of electrical controls on packaging machinery
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a repack machine operator
- Must be able to maintain and repair all mechanical operations of baggers, conveyor belts, case packers, case erectors, tape machines and case printers
- Must be able to work well with all employees as well as being an effective communicator
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be able to work regularly in a cold and wet area, and be able to lift 100 pounds on a frequent basis.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with employer match, and HSA/FSA
MUST APPLY ONLINE AT: www.pictsweet.com/careers or in person at 1277 West 2350 North, Ogden, UT 84404
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/PWDNET
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks – learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 10 hour shift