Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our Plant location in Columbus OH currently has an opportunity for a Utility Machine Operator. The Columbus OH Plant is Abbott’s oldest nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
The Utility Machine Operator is responsible for having a thorough working knowledge of all applicable departmental equipment. Some examples include: product fillers, seamers, sterilizers, labelers, forklifts, palletizer/de-palletizers, hi-cone applicator, processors, chart recorders and case boxers. The Utility is responsible for boil out of sterilizer equipment, filler wash, sampling and tank hook-ups. This involves the ability to troubleshoot on line situations while maintaining compliance to all GMP, IOP and Quality guidelines and may involve some performance of preventative maintenance.
- Sterilizer Equipment: maintains cooler water additives, maintains proper chlorine levels, insure proper operating parameters of equipment, checks sediment of sterilized product, performs start-up of equipment, conducts the double seam evaluation and weight checks.
- Product Filler Operation: performs maintenance of product level, insures proper operating parameters for the filler, seamer and can washer, performs preventative maintenance on the filler and seamer, maintains the downtime report, insures commodities are released prior to usage, greases and oils the seamer as needed, performs visual can inspection, conducts fill weight checks.
- Clean Up Operation: performs preventative maintenance checks on filler valves and pistons, ensures proper cleaning methods are used during a wash job, cleans areas to include: filler valves, filler pistons, filler screens, filler bowl, seamer product filters, filler room floors and walls.
- Insures proper FP tank hook-up to filling lines and product can weights are within desired range.
- Meets all safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Covers for crew leader when needed.
- Accountable for production issues surrounding fill requirements, sterilization and seam integrity. Failure to meet these requirements could result in violations resulting in label claims, federal actions, and the potential loss of business.
- This position is accountable for complying with applicable FDA (GMP), USDA, OSHA and Abbott/Ross regulations, policies, procedures or guidelines.
- Prior job experience within plant is required (6 months).
- Experience with tools and equipment related to the position is desired (hand tools, seamer, filler, sterilizer system, can washer, product filters, forklift, palletizer/de-palletizer, labelers, tray wrapper and Hi-Cone, etc.).
- This position requires excellent written/verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical troubleshooting skills and the ability to multitask.
Education Requirements: High school diploma/GED is required.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match and company paid Pension plan
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.