PeaceHealth is seeking a LPN Chronic Disease Coordinator for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 179020
This role involves telephonic coordination of care, transitions of care and post hospital/ED follow up.
Direct patient care is a smalll part of the over all responsibility.
Coordinates integrated care delivery across selected populations to improve clinical and financial outcomes through the implementation of health and disease management programs. Functions as a core member of the intedisciplinary care team and may fulfill several roles and responsibilities within scope of practice.
- Coordinates and integrates care of selected populations by managing chronic disease registries and conducting outreach using various program delivery methods. Evaluates reports and acts on outlier databased on criteria set forth by the PHMG Quality Committee and/or appropriate regional disease management program and/or performance improvement committee(s).
- Under Care Manager supervision, case manages a panel of patients, including implementing care plans and utilizing tracking tools, coaching for activation, providing education, patient/family support and coordinating with other care providers and resources.
- Works with discharge planners and coordinates transitions of care, arranging warm handoffs between the clinic and hospitals, emergency departments or care facilities. Facilitates the sharing of information across people, functions, and sites.
- Performs initial health screening per established protocols, resolves patient inquires within scope, and escalates patient inquiries beyond scope to RN Care Manager via warm handoff.
- Participates as a proactive team member of a patient-centered medical home, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Under the oversight of provider, may be responsible for telephone triage using age-specific triage protocol books and computerized resources.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
EXPERIENCE / TRANIING:
- Two years of experience in an outpatient care setting for LPNs preferred.
- Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
- Experience or training in motivational interviewing or coaching for activation preferred.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
- Current unencumbered LPN license applicable to state of practice required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
To learn more please visit: jobs.peacehealth.org. Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email [email protected] Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Bellingham, Cordata South Building (208)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $22.51, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Licensed Practical Nurse – Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.