Summary: The Teacher promotes and develops successful learning for students, performs instructional and related duties in accordance with District and Board Policies and terms of the teacher contract. The Teacher will also develop and foster relationships with staff, parents, students and the community.
For the remainder of the 2019-2020 School Year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Note: These duties and responsibilities are judged to be “essential functions” in terms of the Americans With Disabilities Act or ADA. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person in this position. They are not constructed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person.
- Maintains consistent, predictable and physical attendance to meet the requirements of the position
The qualifications listed below for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties of the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid Michigan Elementary Teacher Certificate, (K-5 All Subjects, K-8 Self-Contained) with appropriate special education endorsement.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with grade level teachers and with teachers across grade levels
- Familiarity with course content standards and expectations
- Willingness to learn and understand current educational strategies and curriculum
- Ability to plan and implement activities for maximum effectiveness
- Basic understanding and knowledge of current technology and able to incorporate it into the classroom.
- Experience in elementary instruction
- Teach developmentally appropriate lessons following assigned curriculum guidelines
- Provide students with a safe and orderly environment for learning
- Ability to relate positively and communicate curriculum effectively with students, parents, staff and the community
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be physically present. Regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust, focus, especially due to concentration on a computer screen and small numbers.
The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the District.
Fowlerville Community Schools does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin (ancestry), religion (creed), gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law in its programs and activities. Inquiries or complaints related to discrimination should be directed to: Assistant Superintendent, Tim Dowker, Fowlerville Community Schools, 7677 Sharpe Road, Suite A, Fowlerville, MI 48836, (517)223-6027.