Key Job Activities:
- Manages assigned routes ensuring that waste is transported in a safe, timely, and accurate manner.
- Responsible for picking up and transporting waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Follows routing software route schedule.
- Plans daily schedule based on Stericycle or customer needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- Communicates any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher for resolution.
- Ensures load is secured and placarded if required prior to operating vehicle on a public highway.
- May require loading and securing material or unloading truck at various customer sites.
- Must be able to push/pull light or heavy objects.
- Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher, at the time of debriefing, for processing.
- Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to pickups. The driver is expected to provide the highest level of customer service at all times. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to the Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
- Performs a documented pre-trip inspection on vehicles prior to leaving the yard to commence route. Performs a documented post-trip inspection on vehicles prior to being debriefed for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher for follow-up. Ensures all defects have been corrected prior to operating the vehicles again. Use of ELD (electronic logging device) and Geotab to log hours per DOT guidelines.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- High School Diploma, Driving School or equivalent.
- 1+ Years of Experience driving tractor-trailer required. Previous route experience a plus.
- Maintains current Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), with an excellent driving record.
- Doubles, Triples Endorsements a plus
- Demonstrates the ability to read a map and follow turn by turn direction on electronic devices.
- Demonstrates general computer skills and knowledge of the internet.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Medical Examiners Certification
- Commercial Driver's License A (CDL A)
Stericycle offers a competitive salary and full benefits package including tuition reimbursement and job-specific certifications included but not limited to forklift certification.
Since our founding over 25 years ago, Stericycle has grown from a small start-up in medical waste management into a leader across a range of increasingly complex and highly regulated arenas, including compliance and sustainability waste services, brand protection solutions, and customer contact solutions. Every organization today must comply with increasingly strict regulatory guidelines and quality controls in the delivery of their core businesses. Large or small, businesses can’t always do it on their own. They seek out Stericycle to help them. We have the expertise and passion to take on many complicated and often behind-the-scenes services our clients don’t always know how to do well but ultimately make their businesses better.