The Site Manager for Merit Logistics directs and supervises all associate activities at our customers work sites which may include unloading, picking, packaging, stack down, bailing, and sanitation services. The Site Manager interfaces with our clients so that they are completely satisfied with our service. The Site Manager gives direction to the leads and trainers, and the Site Manager reports to the Director of Operations.
- Report in weekly meeting on overtime, timekeeping including attendance and lunch punches, scheduling, hiring and terminations, recruitment and retention, IT Issues, and any client problems that the Operations Director needs to be aware of.
- Perform all personnel management functions for Merit Site Associates including hiring, scheduling, timesheet review, performance management, staff development, discipline, and termination.
- Resolve client issues and communicate consistently with the customer to maintain a good relationship.
- Answer inquiries on types of services offered, rates, schedules, payment procedures etc.
- Insure the efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability of site operations.
- Investigate customer complaints involving matters such as damaged product or equipment, overcharges, delays in unloading, picking, packing etc. Make adjustments as necessary to insure customer satisfaction.
- Analyze workload and delivery schedules to estimate worker hours require for completion of Merit assignments.
- Schedule associates properly to avoid overtime and keep shifts manned with proper numbers for business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience (4 Years) Required.
- At least 4 years of experience in a high-volume distribution warehouse setting. Supervisory experience including hiring, scheduling, training, performance, staff development and associate discipline.
- The ability to manage a 7 days per week, multi shift operation.
- The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills including all Microsoft programs.
- Understanding of OSHA Regulations and basic safety requirements for warehouse operations.
- Outstanding leadership, customer service and problem-solving skills. The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment is critical to our success.
- The most important job of any Site Manager is to protect our associates and make sure that everyone goes home safe.
- Ensure profitability by keeping overtime down, schedules filled, managing associate and client conflicts, and demonstrating leadership at all times.
- Interprets Company policies and procedures for employees and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts schedules to meet customer needs.
- Suggests changes in work processes and/or use of equipment to increase productivity of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists Team Leaders and employees in solving work problems.
- Investigates and reports all on-the-job accidents and injuries in a thorough and timely manner. Complies with the Merit Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 4 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance