Job Description: Logistics Manager
With downtown showrooms located in the historic towns of Charlottesville and Staunton, Virginia, Dovetail is a full-service design/build center and dealer of cabinetry, countertops and fixtures for kitchens, baths and every area in the home or office. We work with Homeowners, Builders, Contractors, Realtors, Designers and Property Managers to make dreams come true. www.designbydovetail.com
- Primary contact for all shipping/receiving. Communicate with vendors on deliveries to warehouse.
- Ensure the safe receipt and coordination of all goods coming through the warehouse
- Provide efficient and safe delivery of materials while representing the company in a professional manner
- Unload delivery trucks as necessary, Load trucks for delivery
- Drive delivery truck and van, make deliveries with assistant
- Load-in cabinets and all materials to jobsites according to plans
- Manage shipping paperwork, delivery routes
- Client communications
- Physically demanding job, Ability to maneuver from seated duty to carrying items
- Truck maintenance, make sure truck gets required maintenance on timely schedule
- Keep warehouse clean and organized
- Manage small inventory of products
- Additional tasks when assigned as necessary
- Manage delivery assistant
- Experience with logistics and scheduling
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Clean driving record
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, & bend for prolonged periods of time
- Requires constant use of arms, hands, fingers, eyes, legs, and back
- Requires lifting up to 100 lbs. frequently and ability to handle/manipulate up to 200 lbs. with help
- Maintain high levels of safety, quality and housekeeping
- Ability to work required shift, along with the flexibility to work other hours as requested
- Ability to interact professionally with co-workers, clients and trade partners
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook in particular)
- Working knowledge of internet
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 3:30 pm (half hour for lunch)
Must be able to be flexible to meet drivers.
Paid Time Off
Employee will be evaluated after 90 day trial period.
Employee receives a discount on all products at rate of Cost + 10% for personal use.
Medical and Dental benefits (with Health Savings Account) with a minimum 30 hours per week.
Company cell phone.
Dovetail branded t-shirts supplied.
Company credit card.
Classification: Full-Time 30-40 hours per week.
Reports To: Amy Hart, Principal Designer and Owner
Warehouse is located at 1740 Broadway St., Charlottesville VA 22902
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,500.00 to $37,500.00 /year
- Store Discounts
- Other forms