Responsible for supervising the coordination of drivers, vehicles, material and routes to provide a responsive service to MineralTech customers. An organized, punctual and reliable Logistics Coordinator/Dispatcher who can provide first line supervision to drivers and monitor their performance within the Fleet Complete Management Software.
- Manage and coordinate loads by time schedule, special characteristics such as high value product and customer priority. Assigns available drivers to loads by location and available hours under DOT regulations.
· Optimize deliveries by coordinating drivers, equipment and material to various customers located in Texas and Louisiana.
· Constant monitoring of the Fleet Software to organize deliveries based on driver availability
· Maintaining records of mileage, fuel use, repairs and other expenses.
· Monitor driver performance using the ELD application.
· Assist Customer Service with answering calls, taking orders and sending quotes.
· Maintain driver records and schedule time off for License/TWIC/Medical Card renewals.
· Liaison between the mechanic and drivers to plan/manage equipment needs.
· Establish course of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently
· Other duties and special projects as assigned by Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have 2 plus years of experience in a related dispatcher or logistics role.
- Knowledge of DOT hours of service/regulations/Clearinghouse.
- Problem solving/leadership skills
- Analytical/Critical thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- transportation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Crosby, TX
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Dispatch: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)