Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ confidential material collected and serviced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Pick up and transport customer confidential material safely and compliant to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
- Services the customer site scheduled for the day.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
- Ensures bins, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Adheres to DOT / Local Jurisdiction requirements. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
Communicates with Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route services, including address changes, customer not having confidential material ready for pickup, etc.
Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
Performs pre-trip, post-trip checks, and driver check-in on assigned truck, prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.