Performs audits on post-closing loan documents and prepares files for shipping and insuring.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs audits on post-closing documents for accuracy and completes corrections as necessary.
- Prepares post-closing documentation for file then sends originals to closing department.
- Reviews weekly Document Tracking report and follows up on outstanding items to forward to closing department
- Maintains closed loan files in file cabinets for 90 days and then prepares files for shipping to offsite storage.
- Government loans – Prepares insuring packages for FHA and VA loans. Put VA file in stacking order once VA receipt of funds is received, then copy and send to VA office for insuring. Send loan guarantee certificate to closing department upon receipt. When FHA loan closes, put file in FHA stacking order, copy and input closing documentation into FHA Connection system and send to correct FHA for insuring. Send mortgage insurance certificate to appropriate department once received.
- Makes calls for recording information.
- Prepares closed loan files to be shipped.
- Copies and ships closed loan files after closing as required.
- Maintains broker check log.
- On all canceled files, sends appraisal and credit report checks to Miami for processing.
- Assists all associates in department as needed.
- In addition to the above, each Associate will be required to cross train for position(s) within the organization which may, from time to time, be required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer background with one year experience insuring government loans
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word for Windows.
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Valid driver’s license
Regular interaction with homebuilding sales associates, prospective borrowers, lender representatives and underwriters, escrow and title personnel, credit bureaus and appraisers. Also deals with homebuilding division management as well as mortgage division staff. Visit Sales Offices and Subdivisio
- Post-Closing Technician II- 2 years of related experience
- Interact well with co-workers
- Possess positive and professional attitude and represent company in a positive manner
- Provide outstanding customer service, work well under pressure and be a team player
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism