At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. As part of the Indirect Lending team, the Loan Processor is based out of our downtown Portland headquarters with remote work options and provides an exceptional service experience performing all activities associated with the processing of first level consumer loan applications, focusing on credit card/line of credit, unsecured, and local refinance/dealer purchase vehicle loans. This is aligned with our mission to ensure our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Associates degree or equivalent in work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the financial services industry or within a financial services role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience in using technology to accomplish work.
- Basic knowledge of consumer lending laws, regulations, and systems helpful.
- Excellent communication skills including effective listening, problem solving, customer service and tact in dealing with internal and external members and colleagues.
- Strong ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and performing follow through on problems through resolution using technology and people resources.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word/Excel, with the ability to learn and adapt to specialized loan software.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct basic loan document needs assessments, identify problems, and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to prioritize tasks and adapt to a wide range of job responsibilities.
- Proven ability to learn information quickly and maintain composure under pressure on a daily basis in a high production, structured environment.
- Comprehend and adhere to all company wide and department specific policies and procedures.
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be given full consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process